What We Believe
We are God's creation, made in His image to show His glory. Because of sin, our relationship with God is broken and we fail to reflect His glory.
There is nothing we can do to restore the broken relationship between us and God. Because of our religious upbringing, we might feel like we can earn a good standing with God through good works, but God's Word says otherwise.
God is a just Judge and therefore must punish sinners. God, in His mercy, provides a way to restore the broken relationship between us sinners and Him. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to live on earth as a man, perfectly obedient to His will, even unto death on a cross. Because of Christ's perfect life and His death on our behalf, we have salvation from God's wrath and are spared from His just punishment.
By God's sovereign grace, all who receive Christ by faith are saved. By grace through faith, we are declared guiltless before God and we can enjoy fellowship with Him. The Lord calls sinners like you and me, those who are spiritually hungry and thirsty, to come to Him.
God saves us to serve Him and bear fruit for His glory.
Christ Family Church exists to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ who are compelled by His love to believe all that the Gospel promises and to belong to the unified, empowered, and commissioned family of God.
Believe & Belong
Engage the City of Miami with a clear and faithful proclamation of The Gospel of Jesus Christ and live our lives intentionally seeking to love every man, woman, and child by:
1. Being a Church in Miami that will:
Clearlyteach and protect the Gospel.
- Continually call every man, woman, and child to Believe in Christ and to Belong to The Family of God through Faith in The Gospel.
- Disciple God's people with The Gospel in the context of the relationship.
- Mobilize God's people to:
- Pursue intimacy with God through daily dependence on Him in prayer and seeking to know Him through His word.
- Pursue the discernable distinctiveness of living a life of discipleship in their everyday context empowered by the Holy Spirit.
- Be committed to
the Gospel with others. share
- Understand their spiritual giftedness and be released to serve others accordingly.
- Steward their lives and their possessions wisely for the glory of God through sacrificial service and generous and joyful giving to those in need.
2. Partnering with Gospel exalting churches and denominations that have a clear proclamation of the Gospel and its implications to saturate Miami with the Gospel and its implications for every man, woman, and child.
3. Equipping, funding, and sending other churches throughout our city to do the same.
Our ministry is built upon God-glorifying, gospel-centered, missionary driven, disciple-making activity in hopes of becoming and reproducing people who demonstrate the outcomes of biblical discipleship.
God-Glorifying - We are committed to knowing God, worshiping God, and being led by God.
Gospel-Centered - We are committed to embracing the gospel, applying the gospel and proclaiming the gospel.
Missionally Driven - We are committed to embracing God's mission, understanding what the mission demands of us and living as missional ambassadors.
Disciple Making - We are committed to seeing people trust Christ, obey Christ and imitate Christ.
Often we measure the maturity of a church by metrics that are unbiblical. Metrics like budgets, buildings, and people. Christ Family Church has different metrics for our maturity. We are called to be disciples and to make disciples so our metrics for success or the outcomes that we are desiring to see have little to do with numbers or material possessions and much to do with the heart of those who call themselves disciples at Christ Family Church.
Intimacy With God - A detailed knowledge and understanding of God's heart and activity that comes from pursuing Him as our greatest treasure.
Fruit Of The Spirit - The acting presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Church that demonstrates the character of God and distinguishes His people from an unbelieving world.
Stewardship Of Life - Faithfully using everything God has entrusted to us to reflect His glory.
Personal Mission - Discovering and fulfilling our God-given purposes in the church and in our community.
Grace Story - Embracing the fullness of the Gospel and being transformed by it in such a way that we desire to live out and share God's message with others.
These are the things we champion at Christ Family Church. We acknowledge that Christian maturity leads us to a greater understanding and awareness of God's holiness and of our depravity. This realization leads us to dependence on God through the person of the Holy Spirit.
Our aim is not simply obedience to God's Word but faith working through love that leads to obedience. We want every disciple to fall in love with Jesus Christ and what Christ has done on our behalf. It is as we pursue the knowledge of His love that the Spirit of God seduces us to become more and more like Jesus.